Clean Energy 4 Africa is currently in the phase of scaling its work and impact across Africa. We are building a team of sustainability heroes eager to lead the sustainable energy transition in Africa!
We are looking for young talented professionals to work with us in our capacity-building initiatives, awareness and advocacy activities, and consultancy projects.
About Clean Energy 4 Africa:
Clean Energy 4 Africa (CE4A) is an award-winning youth-led African think-tank and knowledge platform that promotes renewable energy in Africa. Our mission is to empower the next generation of renewable energy professionals. Over the short-term, our vision is to develop a leading consultancy firm that accelerates the transition to sustainable energy in Africa, through high-quality and innovative capacity-building programs, consultancy services, and advisory services. CE4A has been recognized by the UN as being among the top 100 youth-based initiatives that support the sustainable development goals (SDG7) globally, and the only one representing Sudan in the category of capacity building. CE4A founder and managing director is Dr. Mohamed Alhaj, an expert and award-winning renewable energy researcher, project engineer, and sustainability advocate.
Why work with us?
- Join an ambitious and award-winning youth-led organization that works towards sustainable development in Africa. CE4A has been selected by the UN among the top 98 youth-based initiatives that support SDG 7 in the world!
- Get exclusive access to the career development opportunities, jobs and internships, and network opportunities that CE4A provides through its network and partners.
- Get FREE access to CE4A paid events and training programs, such as our Ultimate Research MasterClass.
- Be mentored by CE4A founder, Dr. Mohamed Alhaj, who is an experienced engineer and researcher.
- Recommendation letter, job referral letters, and certificate of appreciation after completing at least 3-months in the assigned position.
- Endorsement on LinkedIn.
- Social Media Specialist: responsible for the complete management of the Facebook and LinkedIn pages. The assigned person will be required to post regular content in both the Facebook and LinkedIn pages, share content from our website, share announcements about CE4A events, create and publish posters and infographics, and respond to the queries in Facebook and LinkedIn.
The ideal candidate shall have experience in social media management, basic graphics design knowledge, have excellent time management skills, and be able to work independently. CE4A has ready templates for poster and will also provide training to the selected candidate.
- Blog Editor (4 vacancies): The blog editor(s) will work as a blog contributor ensuring the CEA4 blog is regularly publishing exciting articles about renewable and sustainable energy. The assigned candidate shall write articles on all aspects of renewable energy (technology, training and capacity-building, professional development, resources for students, research, market developments, news, finance, economics, legal aspects, environmental issues, socio-economics and all other issues relating to the sustainable energy sector in Africa). The blog editor(s) will be required to write and publish articles themselves in the CE4A website and also invite professionals and experts to contribute short articles. CE4A blog articles should be brief (less than 1000 words), well-organized, interesting, and address a broad audience.
The ideal candidate shall have good knowledge about renewable energy/sustainability/climate change/environment or other related disciplines. The blog editor shall also have good command of English, be proficient in MS Word, and has previously written and published short articles. CE4A will provide training on writing skills.
- Webinars Coordinator: responsible for organizing the CE4A webinar series with professionals, experts, and researchers from all over the world. CE4A aims to have 1 webinar per month. The webinars coordinator will be responsible for the entire organization process, starting from finding appropriate speakers, arranging logistics, preparing the advertising material, announcing the webinars in social media, hosting and managing the webinar on Zoom, and gathering feedback from the attendees.
The ideal candidate shall have good knowledge about the renewable energy/sustainability sector and experience in arranging online events and webinars. Proficiency in working with Zoom is a must.
- Mentorship Program Coordinator: responsible for organizing the second version of the CE4A Mentorship Program. In 2020, CE4A delivered the first version of its mentorship program, called the Volunteers Program. This program provided 3 African professionals with basic and advanced skills in renewable energy based on the concept of peer-to-peer mentoring. CE4A is planning to launch the second edition of this program, under a new name “CE4A Mentorship Program“. CE4A plans to start this program in June or July 2021. The assigned candidate shall design this new program completely, including: name and objectives, structure, registering and selection process, mentors selection, scheduling, logistics, advertising and marketing, and monitoring and evaluation.
The ideal candidate will be a creative planner and project manager with a bold vision for this program. We expect you to be an energetic individual, with high attention to details, ability to work independently, the ability to mobilize resources innovatively, and have immense passion about community engagement. The applicant shall also demonstrate experience in planning and executing community engagement and/or mentorship programs.
- All these positions are online-based. All you need is a good internet connection and a laptop!
- The positions are for a 3-months period, renewable based on performance. The first month will be a probation period.
- Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply.
- CE4A will provide training to the selected candidates on their tasks.
- These positions are unpaid.
How to apply?
- Send your resume and samples of work, relevant to the position you are applying to, to this email: [email protected]
- State clearly in your email the position you are applying to. You may apply to more than one position.
- Selection will be based on: our assessment of your skills and competence and an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Application deadline is Friday April 23, 2021.